Ravensbury Community School is two form entry school at the heart of a warm and vibrant community in East Manchester. We currently have 465 pupils in school, including a 52 place Nursery. We are situated in a modern two story building very close to the Etihad Stadium. We are a highly inclusive school and benefit tremendously from the diversity of the community we serve. We believe whole heartedly in the holistic development of our pupils – academically, physically, socially and emotionally.
Our school motto is…
We create, we explore, we care… we soar!
Our motto reflects our key values. These underpin all we do in school. These values are:
- Creativity and inventiveness
- Exploration and enquiry
- Care, respect and responsibility
- Ambition, success and celebration.
Our team of talented and committed teachers ensure that learning is engaging and inspiring and because of this, our pupils make excellent progress and reach high standards. Lessons and the curriculum are designed to give our pupils plenty of time to acquire good skills and to become fluent in their understanding and use of these skills so that their minds may be freed up to reason, apply, invent and create. Our bespoke Connected Curriculum is experiential, engaging and enquiry based. We pride ourselves on our happy, supportive and safe environment and know that pupils at Ravensbury Community School are being supported to grow into responsible, caring and confident young people. We have a range wide range of after school clubs that enrich and develop the pupils in many different ways.
We know that children work best if there is a good partnership with parents and so we ensure that our links are excellent. Ravensbury offers its parents a range of opportunities to engage with their children’s learning and to have an active voice in the development of the school. It is part of our vision to ensure that we work together to enable children to achieve their full potential in our happy and secure environment.
Our core outcomes for pupils when they leave Ravensbury Community School are that they:
- have the confidence and belief to achieve anything in their future life.
- are empowered learners, excited by the world and a love of learning.
- have had opportunities and experiences that have nurtured and enriched their childhood.
- are flexible and fluent in primary communication, maths and computing skills and can apply, reason and create confidently with these.
- are responsible are caring young people.