Year 6LK 2019 - 2020
Welcome to 6LK!
Miss Kenwell and Miss Taylor
There are plenty of exciting things in store over the course of this year, with educational visits, our residential trip to Ghyll Head, plays, assemblies, special events and themed days, visitors and challenges!
Please read our class blog to keep updated with all our important news, to see what we have been up to and of course to admire our amazing work.
Important information: Year 6 is such an important year for your child.
Here’s how you can help at home
- Please make sure that your child is reading for at least 20 minutes per night and that their Reading Record is signed and returned to school each morning.
- In addition, your child will be given spellings to learn each week for a spelling test every Friday. They need to practise these regularly.
- Times tables should be practiced every night - we test these on a Friday.
- Homework will be handed out every Thursday and needs to be returned by Monday.
- Our PE days are Monday and Wednesday - Please ensure you bring the correct kit into school!
- Indoor - Black shorts or leggings and a white t-shirt.
- Outdoor - black shorts, leggings or tracksuit, a white t-shirt and trainers
(As the weather becomes more chilly, please ensure you have a warm jumper too)
- Please try to ensure that P.E. kits are brought in every Monday and taken home again on Friday, you never know when we might need it!