What is the Sport Premium?
The government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum for schools. The funding is for schools to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This finding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
7 key factors have been identified as areas that will be assessed by Ofsted
- 2.Extra Curricular
- 3.Participation and success in competitive school sports
- 4.How inclusive the physical education curriculum is
- 5.The range of provisional and alternative sports activities
- 6.Partnership work on PE with other schools and local partners
- Links with other subjects that contribute to pupil’s overall achievement and their greater social, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
Ravensbury received £9,345 in the academic year 2013/14.
Ravensbury received £9,535 in the academic year 2014/15.
How are we using the funding to benefit our children?
At Ravensbury we have used the sports premium to make focussed improvements in the following 4 key factors:
Participation and success in competitive school sports
How inclusive the physical education curriculum is
In particular, we have used the funding for
Developing teachers skills in coaching and sports by working alongside qualified MCFC coaches and thereby improving the quality of the PE provision in the school
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to provide additional after schools activities for each year group and extending the number of places available
- Continuing to provide a range of sporting activities at lunchtime to increase pupils participation in sports (sports coaches) and using to improve CPD for lunchtime staff
- Purchasing additional resources for Lunchtime Sports Provision
Please click on the link to see the detailed action plans highlighting areas for development for each year and impact of the grant
Increased pupil participation
Enhanced, inclusive curriculum provision
More confident and competent staff
Positive attitudes to health and well being
Improved pupil attitudes to PE
Increased capacity and sustainability